Pre-listing or seller’s inspections are becoming more popular throughout the Puget Sound area and lead to quicker home sales.
A pre-listing inspection:
- Shows potential buyers that your home is ready for them to MOVE IN!
- Allows you to address any potential issues before your listing goes live.
- Minimizes market time by correcting problems, adjusting your sales price or providing the information necessary to disclose the “as is” condition of your home.
- Avoids prolonging the sale to wait for repairs and/or being forced to reduce your sales price.
- Eliminates “repairs” as a negotiating tool for the buyers.
- You can schedule the inspection at your convenience.
- The inspection report provides a third-party, unbiased opinion from a licensed home inspector to offer to potential buyers.
- The inspection will alert you to any items of immediate personal or safety concern.
- The report can help you realistically price the home if problems exist.
- The report can help you substantiate a higher asking price if problems don’t exist or have been corrected.
- Problems revealed ahead of time give you time to shop for competitive contractors, and either make repairs – making the home show better, or attach repair estimates removing over-inflated buyer-procured estimates from the negotiation table.
- The home inspection report can be used as a marketing tool.
- The report might relieve a prospective buyer’s unfounded suspicions, before they walk away.
- A seller inspection lightens negotiations and 11th-hour re-negotiations.
- The report might encourage the buyer to waive the inspection contingency making a speedy sale.